Dugan Pretends He's A People!

Friday, April 4, 2008

"Blog", what kind of word is it anyway?/ Dugan is cool!

Dugan the Dog at 5 months takes a break from his many doggie duties to relax on the grass.

Have you ever thought about it? Blog is kind of a funny word. It actually sounds ugly. I do not know where it came from, but somebody could have picked a nicer sounding word. A few years ago, if someone came up to me and said "I blogged today" I wouldn't have known what that was about. In my own mind, if someone said that to me, logical responses would have been "Well, I hope you cleaned up after yourself", or "I'm so sorry to hear that, is it contagious?", or "Thankfully your mother died giving you birth, if she found out she would just die of shame". Anyway, now I am more "edjumacated" on such things but I am still quite a dunce when it comes to computers and stuff like that. I actually believe that all computers are built with internal sensor circuits that can detect me when I get in close proximity and cause the computer to freeze up or otherwise malfunction! Its the only logical explanation for how they behave when I get close to one.





So here I go on my new adventure of blogging about a wonderful dog, Dugan the Dog! Dugan is a special dog from a special breed. In my own mind I would say that the Irish Wolfhound is the King of dog breeds, and that Dugan is the Prince of his breed. A couple of things that distinguish the Irish Wolfhound is that they are very large and very friendly. Dugan is almost two years old at this writing, and he is seven feet long from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail when he is laid out on the ground. He weighed about 150 lbs last time at the Vets office, and he is 36 inches tall at the shoulder and he can drink out of the kitchen sink standing flat footed on the floor. The Irish Wolfhound is supposed to be the largest breed, but others are heavier. You could think of the Irish Wolfhound as a ginormous, hairy Greyhound. Dugan is the friendliest dog ever and is always a happy hound. He loves the whole of Humanity and wants to be friends with all other dogs. He likes cats too but none of them are brave enough to warm up to him. Because Dugan is so friendly, since his birth on May 29 2006 all dictionaries are published with a snap shot of Dugans mug next to the word friendly! No kidding.

3 comments:

Lani said...

He sure is a mighty fine hound! And a mighty lucky one to have found himself in such a fabulous home with such loving masters!

Lani said...

By the way, "blog" came from "web log" (online journal).

somebody's mother said...

How fun! I look forward to hearing your dark lad's adventures.